Bulletin Board and Events
Join Us At Any Event!
- Sunday Worship is at 10:00 a.m. - Communion is the first Sunday monthly. The Prayer Chapel opposite the Sanctuary is always available for private prayer, meditation, and communion with consecrated wafers. During the week, please enter through the Chapel Office. To...
Yes! Pastor's Bible Study is back! This extensive weekly study during the months of August and September will explore "I Didn't Know That Came from the Bible!" This will once again be “Teaching & Preaching” with a study on Wednesday and the accompanying sermon the...
Would you like to honor or remember someone with flowers in the Chapel Sanctuary? Would you like to sponsor special music during Worship? Contact the Chapel Office and we'll help make it possible! Call the Chapel office at (941) 383-6491 or send us a...
Sunday Morning Refreshments! Would you like to help by bringing some goodies for Sunday morning, following Worship, at Fellowship Time? You are welcome to bring any of your favorite goodies, especially if some of them can be frozen! If you have questions, contact...
There are numerous ways for you to become active in the Longboat Island Chapel. Here are just a few: Become a volunteer at the Lord’s Warehouse. Volunteer to be an usher or greeter on Sunday mornings. Sign-up sheets are in the Shook Fellowship Hall. Stop by the Chapel...
The Lord's Warehouse
MON, WED, & SAT, 9 AM-12 PM
The Lord’s Warehouse Thrift Shop has a very unique offering of clothing, jewelry, antiques, furniture, books, and housewares galore. The inventory changes frequently and includes many name brands and designer clothes and shoes, such as Prada, Ralph Lauren, Foot Joy, Armani, and D&G to name a few. In addition, the thrift shop has original paintings and prints, vintage jewelry as well as high-end home furnishings and accessories on a frequent basis. Come often as it is always fun to rummage through the endless array of gently used bargains to find those special treasures that will make your shopping experience at the Chapel’s thrift shop complete.
THURSDAYS @ 10 AM
You don’t need to go through life’s many changes alone. Our support group can help you walk through life’s ever-shifting sands including the following:
- Loss of a loved one
- Separation or divorce
- New relocation
- Need of friendship
- Feelings of depression
- Challenges at home or with loved ones
For further information and meeting times, please call the Chapel office at 941-383-6491
Choir Practice - Mondays @ 4 PM
Choir rehearsals are taking place on Mondays at 4:00 p.m.
If you are interested in joining the Chapel Choir or have questions, please contact our Director of Music, Maurice Overholt, at
or email him at
Chapel Book Club
Summer Reading List
The following books were suggested by members of the Chapel Book Club. We hope you enjoy them.
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict
- It Ends With Us by Allen Hoover
- Last Summer At The Golden Hotel by Elyssa Friedland
- Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- Sweetness of Water by Nathan Harris
- The Duchess by Wendy Holden
- The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict
- The Second Mrs. Astor by Shana Abe
- The Last Year of the War by Susan Meissner
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
The Book Club will meet again on October 10. We will be discussing "Sooley," by John Grisham.
Pastor's Bible Study
"I Didn't Know That Came from the Bible!"
Bible Study and Worship Series
Wednesday Bible Study, begins August 3, 2022, 10 am (in-person at the Chapel), and 5:30 pm (EST, online only)
Sunday Worship Series, begins August 7, 2022, 10 am (EST, in-person and livestream)